The woolpress comes from Black Rock Sheep Station, first settled in 1851 by John Williams. The fi rst mechanical woolpresses were imported from England to Australia as early as 1823. The Black Rock woolshed has long been out of operation and the historic woolpress still located in the middle of the old stone building – until a team of local volunteers decided to retrieve and revive it in 2014. Many of the beams were full of rot, metal rusted but bit by bit (beams and bolts) were all dismantled and expertly restored. There is a photographic book in the Visitors Information Centre that shows the transformation. Aspirations are subject to grant funding to house the beautifully restored woolpress within a purpose built stone building in the main precinct of Orroroo – hopefully in 2021.